At Leeds and Broomfield CE Primary School we are committed to fulfilling the values of being a Church of England school.
Our school prayer
This is our school.
Let peace dwell here.
Let the rooms be full of contentment.
Let love abide here.
Love of one another, love of mankind, love of life itself and love of God.
Let us remember that as many hands build a house, so many hearts make a school.
The whole school takes part in a collective worship every day. The pupils lead parts of Worship everyday and are always involved.
Once a week our collective workshop is led by the Vicar or Missioner from St Nicholas’ Church.
Every other Wednesday the pupils lead worship supported by Miss Nel.
The aims of our collective worship are:
- Explore the school’s vision and how that underpins shared values and virtues. It will reflect on moral values and contribute to academic progress.
- help pupils and adults to appreciate the relevance of faith in today’s world.
- develop the understanding of the Christian belief in the trinitarian nature of God.
- have the opportunity for all pupils and adults to grow spiritually through experiences of prayer, stillness, worship and reflection.
- to develop a sense of awe and wonder
- Pupils and adults to appreciate worship in different ways – music, silence, prayer, reflection etc.
- Pupil Voice is important and valued. Pupils monitor, plan and lead AOW
- AOW Policy is currently being updated – ready to view end of May 22.
St Nicholas Church
We are fortunate to have the support of St Nicholas Church, which is located opposite the school. Our children are able to use the church for a number of events and activities, such as the Harvest, Christmas and Easter services.
You can find out more about the Church by visiting the Benefice of Leeds, Broomfield, Hucking, Hollingbourne and Kingswood website.